So I went to the Mecca of Consumerism or as I like to call it Wal-Mart with my mom and grant today. We went to get a few small things and to get some pictures for Christmas cards. We were just walking around and we were in the crafts aisle for some reason. My mom stopped to look at who knows what so I decided to take one of those rolls, or spools, or balls of yarn whatever they are called and I threw it to grant like it was football. Being boys we find great fun in throwing stuff around. Not really sure why but we can get the biggest kick out of throwing anything really....but thats beside the point.
So me and grant are throwing this roll of yarn around in the aisle. Mom is still oblivious so we keep doing it. Grant tells me to go long and he throws it pretty hard. I run down the aisle (past mom thus giving our shenanigans away) and caught it. Mom turns around with that "what are you doing face" and I start laughing because I know we are busted but its hilarious. I simply responded by saying "oh we definitely weren't pretending this yarn was a football and therefore throwing it around" followed by more laughter. She wasn't amused
She told me to put it back but being the defiant boy I am I thought I would test how far I could go and throw it back to grant. I hesitated a bit (still laughing) and then threw it to grant. Mom was not happy and went to go get it from grant, thinking that he would be easier to persuade. Well grant catches it and as mom approaches starts acting like he is the star quarterback avoiding a sack. He is like dodging and weaving to get past mom. He finally gets past her and throws it back. At this point my mom has broken down and is laughing too. We all thought it was hilarious. I put the yarn back and looked at the old lady who was watching the whole thing..lets just say she wasnt amused. lol I am sure most of you are like "I guess you had to be there" but I thought it was pretty funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment