First of all let me just start off by saying for those of you who don't know this I attend the New Life Church the church that Ted Haggard was the pastor of before these horrible allegations were charged against him. I would ask that you would join me in praying for pastor Ted and his family in this incredibly hard time.
I have never really commented on big events like this in my blog before. And I usually wouldn't but this story carries such personal significance to me that I feel that I need to share my thoughts. I do not believe any of the allegations. They are completely false and an blatant political move. Let me break it down...
On the accusation that he had solicited gay sex from this mike jones I think is ridiculous. If you know pastor Ted at all you would blow this off the second you heard it. He just simply would not do that. Not only would he not have an affair he simply couldn't have one. Pastor Ted's schedule is planned out to the last second, he is a very busy man there is no way on this earth that he could break away for any amount of time to have relations with this mike jones. Pastor Ted has also set up very extensive checks and balances and accountability system in his life. There is no way he could get away with anything without somebody knowing about it.
On the accusation that pastor Ted did meth before having this alleged gay sex to increase his experience is also ridiculous. You simply can not do meth on multiple occasions and not see very obvious signs of drug abuse. That is simply ridiculous.
This whole thing is so clearly a political move. It comes just day before the elections in Colorado and in 8 other states. mike jones even admitted to releasing this information just because of the elections. The more people will look into this the more it will become so ridiculous. mike jones failed the lie detector test he took this morning but he claimed it was because he had a migraine and no sleep. Which is crap because people will discount the lie detector test because of that reason but if the results came out any differently they would have discounted the migraine and the lack of sleep. I just am so appalled that the news would run with this story as much as they did. They don't have evidence except what this mike jones guys said. It is so sad because even if his name gets cleared the damage has been done.
Satan is really at work here and I think it is very obvious that he is deceiving people and placing seeds of doubt in people. I would ask whether you agree with me or not that you would pray for pastor Ted and his family.
~Pray for the church and the people in the church they will support there pastor and that they will allow for time all of this to work out.
~Pray for those who are confused by this and will struggle to find what being a Christian really is all about.
~Pray for wisdom for those investigating pastor Ted.
~Pray for his family who must be devastated by this.
~Pray that the truth will come out.
This is a very hard time for me and for anyone who went to New Life and loved it there. Its like seeing your best friend, or someone you really care about being thrashed and beaten over and over again. To read some of the other stuff floating around on the internet is despicable. Satan is working hard and it shows. Thank the Lord God Almighty that He is bigger than any scheme of the Devil. John 10:10 reminds us of the role that both Satan and God play on this earth... "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." God is bigger than anything in our lives. Thank God for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment