Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Umm..I don't dance

Hey everybody, I am about to head to bed but I thought I would give you a little update on today. It was a good day, very productive. I did laundry and got my homework done early. The campus crusade group also had a party tonight to celebrate this past week of prayer it was a ton of fun. Its a totally different group than in Boston. Not better necessarily but just different. There was food and music at the party and kids were dancing around and having a good time. Its so cool that they have their own campus crusade house, it makes it feel like such a comfortable, family like environment and it makes it really easy to be social around people. Everybody is really nice just like they were in Boston. They are all a ton of fun and great people that have a huge heart for campus. I am really excited to plug in with them. It was funny they asked if danced or if I liked to dance and I was like...no not really lol. I really only dance when Paige makes me dance :) even then I am not so good at it. I am tall and have little coordination but maybe those are just excuses lol.

I thought it was great tonight because I was talking with this guy franklin who has been kind of the guy that I have been getting to know a lot recently. He was the one to call me and invite me to dinner the other night and so on. Anyway it was really funny because tonight we were talking and he was like I heard through the grape vine that your uncle is Jay Lorenzen. I smiled and kind of felt like a celebrity or something. I was related to someone famous :) I was like yeah he is my uncle. I guess he had heard my Uncle Jay speak and the DCC which was the Denver Christmas Conference that campus crusade recently had. I told him that our family has always been close to my Uncle Jay and my Aunt Laurie and all their kids. And as long as I remember I have heard about campus crusade through my Uncle and my family at home. So when I went to Boston it was the first thing I looked up and so when I transfered it was the first thing I looked at. I thought it was pretty funny. So naturally I spent the rest of the night wondering who all might know my Uncle Jay.

No comments: