Thursday, August 17, 2006

Late Nights, Good Times

I am writing from a very comfortable couch in the World Prayer Center. And I thought I would dedicate this blog to this very place. I have spent countless nights, mornings, afternoons in this place. I have done homework here, prayed like no tomorrow here, cried here, laughed here, met friends here, napped here lol, chilled out here. It is one of my favorite places in the whole world. The World Prayer Center is pretty much catered to a student. It is open 24/7, there are lots of spaces to sit down and do work, it has free wireless internet, its quiet, and there are vending machines. Lol what more can you ask for right?? It is for these very reasons that I spent almost every night of my senior year in this place doing homework. I was here till 4am doing my senior research paper. Not only is this place a great place to work, but its a great place to pray as well. Big surprise huh? Considering its the World Prayer Center lol. It has a great chapel with worship music playing round the clock and comfy chairs to sit in while you are praying. Now, a lot of you may be wondering why I am sitting here writing about the World Prayer Center. Well its not to advertise it, or to get you to come here and check it out. This place holds such incredible meaning to me. It was my safe haven, my get away, my place to go when the world was collapsing around me. I have had some of the most incredible prayer and worship in this place. God has spoken to me countless times in this place. I have cried my eyes out on more than one occasion in this place. It is so much more than a place to me. As silly as that may be or as seemingly inconsequentially as you may think this place is...I love this place and I am going to miss it so much. I can only pray that God will show me a place in boston where I can go and have time alone to spend with God. My own prayer closet so to speak. Anyway its been a long but good day. I got to spend some good time with the family today which was nice. I should probably get going, I hope everybody has a great friday and a great weekend!

No comments: