Monday, August 21, 2006
A Rose, A Garden, and Two Friends
Today was a very long day. I picked up Paige from her house and she was not having a good day. There is a lot of stuff going on in her life and honestly I don't know how she finds the strength to deal with it. But the poor girl was very upset this morning when I picked her up for work. So I tried to cheer her up as much as I could. Which included my rendition of "Jesus take the Wheel" who knew I could sing so high pitched and pretty much just like Carrie Underwood...right...anyway after I dropped her off I ran home to grab some stuff and then met my good friend Dan at starbucks and talked for a little while. Then I decided that Paige needed something to cheer her up before she went to cheerleading practice. I mean I thought it was a very logical conclusion. So I surprised her at her practice with a BIG hug and a single red rose to cheer her up...And it worked so that was good. I then proceeded to run a few errands and after that I decided to drive through the Garden of the Gods one last time before I leave. I have had some amazing memories at that park. Including my first kiss...but that's a completely different story for another blog for another day. :) Anyway it was a nice drive, I took some pictures in the park. Including the one below. Soon after that I went and met with two of my very good friends Dan and Rainer downtown. They are both leaving tomorrow for school, one to Boulder and one to PA. They have been my two best friends for the past couple years and they are great guys. It was a weird feeling to say goodbye to such good friends. To think you probably won't see either one of them till Christmas when they have been the people you go and hang out with on the weekends and stuff. I had a good time with them downtown and I know that they will do great things at both schools. After meeting with my two friends I went and had dinner with Paige and her family and saw her smile and laugh which is what she needed so badly. She starts school tomorrow and is pretty nervous about it so keep that in your prayers. And I am once again running errands all day and then closing at work tomorrow so I will be home late. Have a great day everybody!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment