Saturday, September 16, 2006

Distraction

Well today was a pretty good day I guess. Man it was a long day now that I think about it. Wow, anyway. I went to class, took a nap, got ready to go to the city wide campus crusade thing. It was good, not at all what I thought. I was thinking with a big city wide event would have a lot more people. But when you come from a church of 7 thousand, your idea of a big crowd is slightly off. It was a lot of fun though. Worship was good and the message was good as well. After the service everybody went off in groups and we went on a scavenger hunt around Harvard square. It was a ton of fun, did a lot of crazy stuff including climbing up on the Curious George store and pretending I was a monkey. We then went to the very much acclaimed B.Good restaurant. It was again very good and a lot of fun because the entire city wide group was packed in a little restaurant.

However like the title of the blog suggests I was pretty distracted all night. My beautiful girlfriend went to homecoming tonight. She went with another guy as friends, I think the guy she went with is pretty much the coolest, nicest, most down to earth, good guy you can find so I wasn't worried that he wouldnt take care of her or anything. I went to my senior prom with Paige and it was one of the best nights of my life. I kept thinking of that night and wishing I was back home with her at her homecoming. Talk about being homesick, it was pretty brutal. I got back to my dorm and she called and was having a great time and she told me how she won homecoming representative. As much as I loved to hear her having such a great time it just made the homesickness so much worse. But don't get me wrong I am so proud of my girl. I miss her and miss back home but I am so thankful for the crusade people. They have truly made me feel welcome and have provided me with some much needed fellowship. Its late and I have a ton of homework to do tomorrow. I am going to bed. I hope everybody has a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Meredith Ann said...

since i've admitted to reading ur blog, i might as well post. warning, though...i rarely update my blog these days, so it's not that interesting right now. so glad u found Crusade and that it's been an encouragement...it's an encouragement to me that u say that b/c it's totally our goal!! or at least part of it... take care, dude! and props to ur lady for being so cool. =)