Sunday, September 24, 2006

Thank God for Comfort Food

Architecture is no fun! I spent 7 hours in the studio tonight working on my drawing and my model. I finished my drawing but that was the easy part. It only took like 2 hours. I started my model and after 3 hours I was making some good progress on it....However it was at that point that I looked at my model and realized I made a critical mistake and that I would have to start over. Talk about frustrating. So I started over and worked on it for 2 hours and nothing was working like it should. So I trashed it and I am just going to start over tomorrow. My class is not till 3 tomorrow so I should be good.

And once again God showed me how much he is watching over me. I got home after my 7 hours of frustration and just wanted to go to bed because I had an 8:00am class tomorrow. But I checked my email real quick and it turns out that my 8 oclock class was cancelled and I will have a chance to get a little more sleep before I have to get back to my model. Praise God! lol Although I don't trust myself to sleep in so I will probably get up at the same time I usually do and get my work done and then go take a nap if I have time.

So on a much lighter note, or should I say blog. I have come to determine one of the survival essentials for college. And that is comfort food. I would have to say that there are three main comfort foods that get me through some of the hard times. The first are mashed potatoes. Unfortunately this can only be enjoyed inside the cafeteria but I must say that they are truly wonderful!!! The second comfort food would be Java Chip ice cream from Starbucks. Nothing can make your body feel better after a long day then to grab a big thing of Java Chip and a spoon and just go at it. Third, you can not fulfill a snack craving without Cheeze-its. It is impossible. When you are having a rough day and say to yourself "I could really use a snack" What is the first thing that comes to my mind...That's right Cheeze-its. Thank God for comfort food!!

you are hungry now aren't you?? :)

No comments: