What a long day! I got up and went to my economics class which was good. Considering it is the only class that I understand at the moment. I then came home and crashed because I didn't get much sleep the night before. So I woke up later in the day, grabbed a late lunch and went to my next class at 3. Which is my architectural drawing class...I really don't like this class. I honestly have the hardest time in this class. If their is one thing you should know about me is that I HATE not understanding something. If I don't get something in a class it drives me up the wall. And another thing about me that you should know is that I am not very artistic. I struggle with creativity and artistic rendering skills. I was interested in architecture for the mathematical side. The geometry, the physics, the calculus, the more engineering side of it. I am fascinated by the design and artistic side of it but I can't produce that aspect of it very well. I was worried that architecture wasn't going to work for me because I would lack the creative side of it. And what this drawing class is teaching me is that I was totally right about that. I have the hardest time drawing and visualizing what they are talking about in class. Its hard because other than a couple art classes in highschool I have had no exposure or practice to drawing and the material they are covering in class. I feel like I am in way over my head. I am going to talk to the department head on Wednesday hopefully and ask him what he thinks or if I can get some sort of help. I will probably ask him if he thinks I would do better in a different major or something. We shall see how it goes.
I am so overwhelmed with everything right now. There is so much to think about so many little details that have to be worked out. I need to get some sleep and pray and start tomorrow with a good amount of energy. So I am going to go to bed. Have a great day everybody.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment